Tuesday, December 16, 2008

She's all-most finished...

OK, so I decided that although I'd been working a little on the guernsey each night, I really was procrastinating.

(Click on the picture for better stitch definition. And, yes, she's yet another totally different color when wet.)



Hey, at 8 stitches to the inch, she took a lot longer than she would have at 5 stitches to the inch, which was using a DK or worsted weight wool. That's what happens when I changed the pattern to be a vest from a pullover in Jamieson and Smith 2 ply shetland instead of Quebecoise or Frangipani (guernsey wool).

I have coiless pins through the buttonholes, just to help align the dressing. There are no other pins in the vest for blocking. She's just laying on towels and smoothed and resmoothed into shape. I'll keep messing with her. I always do

1 comment:

yarn elf said...

WOW, GGG In time for Christmas wearing and the perfect weather for a vest.Do like the stich pattern, but the color keeps on appearing differnt-which means it will go with alot of others.