Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy birth month to me!

It's been a good birthday, yes, it has!

On Saturday when we were celebrating my birthday since Russ had a full schedule for yesterday, we found this really neat 3 drawer chest with a real Canadian maple top at Lowe's. Inside the three drawers is my handspun that had been stored in Russ' gun cabinet. I really like this little critter and hope that I can get more of them. It's much better and nicer than the standard Sterling ones available at other box stores.

On top of the cabinet, are 12 skeins of "buck" colorway Prairie Silks yarn, spun and dyed by Brown Sheep Co. in Mitchell, NE sent to me by Yarn Elf. Yarn Vixen sent a card and a gift certificate to Yarn Elf's Workshop AKA World Wide Hobbies in Willcox, AZ plus a sock pattern and a project bag YE included. There are also cards there from Beth and from State Farm with the standard birthday individual pizza freebie. In Willcox, we used to get free ice cream cones at Carter's. More people used that gift than use this one to a place no one who doesn't live in Leechburg seems to go to.

Some people get tractors on birthday cakes and some get balloons that are yarn balls! Cake is from The Big Guy, as is the card. The cake is white almond. Dinner was cake and Digorno pizza. Hungry yet?

The spatterware pitcher and bowl I bought about 20 years ago and decorate it depending on mood and season.

Thanks to all on Ravelry and through regular email who send love yesterday. Everyone needs good, positive thoughts and cyberhugs.

3 comments:

yarn elf said...

Happy Birthday to a very specail knitter. I see no candles to blow out and make a wish, but a great cake to enjoy. Such nice gifts to remember your special day.

Janine said...

Nancy--happy belated birthday! I just lifted my head up from my paying work for a moment to discover a week without reading blogs had gone by. All best wishes for another good year!!!

Birdsong said...

Happy Birthday and happy to meet you!