Sunday, September 20, 2009

You just never know


what you'll find when housecleaning the plates your mother collected for decades.

This plate came from either my grandmother Hunter or great grandmother Christian.

The designs are transfers with gold adornment. But in the very center is a courtship scene of a knitter and her beau.

I've never needed to collect many plates as my mother seldom saw a plate she didn't like. This one is not my 'style', but it does show that someone in my heritage appreciated knitting. My grandmother did not knit, only sewed, so I'm not sure exactly what the connection is unless the original owner simply liked the unmarked plate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that!

Jennifer said...

That's very cute! What a great find.

yarn elf said...

Never know what things you have, maybe worth. It is a lovely plate and relects past history. Might be nice to know the history behind the picture,

Linda said...

How cool!