Friday, October 19, 2007

76 Mittens


Since I've been teasing about the mittens, it must be time for a mitten picture.

These are (mostly) Elizabeth Zimmermann mittens from Knitting Around. The icord start is a teal Wool Ease 56 rowlet i-cord. The patterning is Alpaka (spelled correctly!) which is a wool, alpaca, acrylic mix yarn. (The teal came from a swap last year and the Alpaka from a gracious Enabler -- Hi, Kevin!) It's very soft and fun to knit. Yesterday morning as the storm front was coming in, I was able to get the last bit of sunshine and borrow the neighbor's tree to photograph EZ's spruce pattern on the top of the mitten.

I know, I need more practice on making perfect mittens... and I have joined the Selbuvotter KAL, hosted by Terri Shea who's researched the mittens and published a wonderful little book. It is available from her and from many other shops. My collection of Scandinavian knitting materials grows....

No comments: