Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rainy Days and Tuesdays...


Oh, OK, so the song is "Rainy Days and Mondays";but, it was a beautiful day yesterday and raining today!

Today I'm sharing the pin cushion and pillowtop (now a pillow!) I made this past year from Liz Lovick's online gansey workshop last Fall.

Liz created a wonderful course that included history, technique, designs, how to design a gansey, lots of pictures and pictures of her own work. She included several projects for learning the technique, two of which were the pin cushion and the pillowtop.

The pin cushion I made first and I am totally amazed that I use it constantly! I have never hardly ever used a pin cushion before this! I use it for my yarn needles and doublepounts that are on time out!

Pillowtop was on time out for months while bigger knitting projects were created or brought to FO status. Finally, September 30th it was finished!

2 comments:

Layl said...

have to say, the concept of a gansey pillow top eluded me, but it really is a nice idea and made up quite beautiful - almost victorian.

Knitcrazy said...

Beautiful Pillow..
Oh I just LOVE the little pin cushion !!!!

Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/