Thursday, December 13, 2007

St. Lucia Day

Today is St. Lucia Day ... which reminds me that I need to be sure to buy my Christmas pickled herring... at least I don't send for the herring from Norway and pickle it in the basement myself like my father used to do! (My mother used to tell me there'd be no more pickling herring in this house because when she smelled the brine and changed it, she was sure she was in a time-warp of her youth when one of her neighbor families was Jewish and would pickle their fish themselves...)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hmmm....that sounds like a tradition I'll just skip....

Anonymous said...

Food the last two days. Holiday traditions, so many different things to do or eat. Isn't it amazing that some are alike, though different back grounds.
Ir is things like this that make us our self yet apart of the world.