Monday, January 28, 2008

Aran update



I've been knitting solely on "Pools in the River".

Pools is about 11" long, stretched, so it's time to decide how and when I will be working the arm scythes. The thought brushed by last night long enough for me to remember it as I stretched Pools out for the photo this morning.

It's a beautiful January day...sunny and just a bit hazy as fog develops over the melting snow. At 22 degrees right now, the crispness is welcome only because of the sun. It's finally to reach the mid-40's, so that yields an attitude adjustment and seems to be helping my back.

I still have back twinges from last May's fall...DH tells me that when he was 30 and broke his clavicle it took over a year for everything to feel truly healed; so, being a tad past that age, I have a bit of time yet to still be 'normal'. (Me? Normal? There is some question of that...) The doctors said I'd probably develop arthritis because of this and whether it's that or my attitude, I do feel much better in sunshine and the promise of more Spring-like temps.

Let's be honest, I have Always felt better with sunshine and temps over 70....

3 comments:

Linda said...

Sunshine does wonders for lots of things, including our moods. I know tanning (yes, I know it's bad for me - I only go when I'm headed somewhere tropical) elevates my mood a great deal.

Anonymous said...

Pools in the River looking good, if it stayed 70+ you would not need all those great looking sweaters you have been making. Are you sure you will let me borrow it for display. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Pools--I've always loved that design, but I don't know anyone who has made it.
You know, I don't feel my broken ankle one little bit, and I was 54 when I broke it. It took a good year to get to that point, though!