Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SOTSii and such

Poor baby SOTSii has been sitting in this position for over a week now. I was so excited to get going on it and then felt pressed to spend time on the aran, so SOTSii has been in 'time out' without being bad or anything.

Last night while watching the State of the Union address, I was searching through the WG#60 and several Elizabeth Zimmermann books to make some decisions about the aran. Which ones? Decisions like, how many more repeats do I do before arm scythes and how long should I make Pools and will I,indeed, use a crew neck. Answers for now are that two more repeats should work and a crew should work well, also.

And then this morning I saw an email which led me to yet another Ravelry group
which seemed entirely appropriate, given my collection of J&S yarns. More time to be spent on Ravelry. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too need more hours to have knit time, my projects exceed my time. The shawl needs some attention.It is looking good. Then there is the hat KAL, and maybe another KAL in the future with the other group. Then I have a customer who refuses to start anything till the project she is working on is done. What fun is that?

Anonymous said...

Don't know if I know ye's customer or not, but i know i have several in progress, some have languished for months, and I won't start anything more new, except of course the bulky yarn alpaca/wool 50-50 scarf i made w/an R hook last night start to finish during state of union address. AND i too, have to get going on my sots-ii shawl since it's my first kal to actually try to do, albeit from behind - 'riding drag' in roundup vernacular.

Nautical Knitter said...

Oh, she looks so sad!! I can hear her now, whispering... "knit me, knit me, knit me...please"...

Linda said...

I needed the laugh from DK this morning! I really didn't mean to guilt you about the stole - it's fun, not work.