Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Circle's Unbroken: UK Sheep Story

---This I found on the Foxnews site and couldn't pass it by:



100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field

Saturday, January 26, 2008


Holy sheep.

About 100 woolly sheep formed a perfect ring while grazing in a field in England on Friday, baffling the farmer and other witnesses, the Daily Mail reports.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Russell Bird, who photographed the bizarre occurrence.

He continued: "I did see a dog worrying sheep nearby beforehand and the dog ran off round the hedge in a different field, so I don't know if they were discussing that."

As the farmer’s tractor approached, however, the sheep scattered, but another circle was formed three fields away. Both formations lasted about 10 minutes, the Daily Mail reports.

Farm manager at Herefordshire College of Technology, Dan Seaborne, said: "I just think they've been fed with dry feed in that shape; you can get snacker feeders now and you tow behind a quad and it drops pellets on the ground."


----Granted the whole thing could be a hoax. But on this cloudy day, it triggers contemplation.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hmmmm...I bet it's the aliens!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was the Twilight Zone, lets see who we can confuse and for how long.-we not as dumb as you think.