Monday, January 21, 2008

At least there's sunshine...


20 degrees is pretty cold here, but it's the warmest we've been in over 40 hours. With beautiful sunshine all day, it's a perfect day to show an update on my 'Pools in the River'. That's about 7" worth and am on the second ball of yarn. I'd wound the first one with my ball winder, but it was so messy-loose that I thought I'd try knitting it right from the ball.

(click on any photo to enlarge, as always....)




Here's a current image of me in Mimbres that DH took on Saturday right before we left for dinner at some friends'. Tawny Tornado was guarding the steps and wondering what in the world we were doing. (shakes head) He's quite a fella and often lies at either the top or bottom of the stairs to make sure he knows exactly where his people are at any given moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the name "pools in the river" for your aran pattern, no matter what it turns out to be. have to say, tho, that the alpaca in the soft fuzzy, still shows the pattern nicely. pool rocks show up the project nicely too - good pic technique as always.

Nancy said...

It's fun to knit and not at all boring, which is important! Nikki doesn't stay up in my lap too long while I'm knitting it, though. Must be too much fuzzy competition! Didn't stay outside very long taking the picture, either. The yellowbirds are starting to change back into their Spring colors, so this cold isn't going to last too long.

Linda said...

I wanna see it stretched out!!!

Like the hair - it was fuzzier at camp. Not fuzzier in a bad way, just not like it is now.

Anonymous said...

I agree I like the name, looking nice too, :) Cannot wait till I get to hold it and feel the softness. Would go well with outfit you are wearing. Do like that vest, maybe some day I will try one. The Alpaca kind of gives it a halo in the skein, have not tried to knit with it yet. Yes it has a slick feel