Saturday, January 05, 2008
The Clouds are Parting
Taken just a few minutes ago.... it was cloudy earlier and then my friend the Yarn Vixen called from Arizona...and Look! The clouds parted to this beautiful sky. There's still about an inch of snow on the ground, but we're to have highs in the 50's and 60's Monday and Tuesday. Then, the super storm from the West Coast will be moving our way to herald Winter's return.
The following was sent to us from another friend in Arizona with some advice I think I probably need:
Tips for an Exceptional, Superb & Powerful Life
* Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
* Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
* Buy a Tivo (DVR), tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
* When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to __________ today."
* Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
* Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did last year.
* Make time to exercise, practice meditation, yoga, Tai chi, etc.
* Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six
(not just people who ACT like they are over 70 or under the age of 6).
* Dream more while you are awake.
* Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
* Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
* Try to make at least three people smile each day.
* Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
* Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
* Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class.....but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
* Eat breakfast like a king or queen, lunch like a prince or princess, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed-out charge card (who doesn't have parents paying the bills).
* Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
* Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
* Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
* Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
* You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
* Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
* Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
* Ladies - Go on and burn those "special" scented candles, use the 600 thread count sheets, the good china and wear your fancy lingerie now. Stop waiting for a special occasion. Everyday is special.
* No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
* Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
* Forgive everyone for everything.
* What other people think of you is none of your business.
* Hug at least one person per day! ...