Monday, November 19, 2007

Look! It's a goose!



A goose?
Where's a goose?

This scarf is the first one I knit! It's handspun brown and cream Jacob. Also, it qualifies as the first jacob I'd spun. I loved it! Before spinning the jacob I'd spun mystery wool, polypay, corriedale and alpaca. The scarf is knit in the flying geese pattern. (Since when would I ever start out with something 'simple'?)

Come to think of it, I really haven't found a sheep I didn't like!

I'm afraid I don't remember the year, but I do remember being on vacation and sitting on the floor of our room, knitting it while telling DH, 'Let me finish just this one row!'

There's another goose in the picture -- a wooden flying goose under the scarf mounted on the back porch wall with two of its friends....

3 comments:

Layl said...

Local vet once told me that Jacob sheep are 'magical' - can't argue with that seeing the pretty things you've made from the fleeces. Glad you are sharing them - haven't seen them in a long time.
Yarn Vixen

N. Maria said...

Your flying geese from the Jacob sheeps wool is beautiful!
It's a very satisfying feeling to start from the beginning and have something to show for it.

yarn elf said...

Flying geese, going south to stay warm, and your flying geese will keep you warm as the snow flies in your direction. I once saw a knit afghan in that pattern. So glad you have brought it to your blog- things not seen and now brought back to share, The memories they bring back.
Yarn Elf